Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Pinxton 5-1 Kimberley Town

Tuesday 15th February 2011 -- CML Supreme Division

Not too sure this game was going to go ahead, but having heard nothing negative, we made the short trip up the M1 to the Welfare Ground at Pinxton. Kev poxed a parking space again -- right in front of the Welfare, nipping in smartly as a car pulled out!

Drizzling as we arrived with 10 to go before kick off, but rain was driving across the pitch as the players lined up for the traditional handshakes. The pitch wasn't in too bad nick, and Referee Harry Hawkins seemed quite happy for the game to be played. Walked into the stand to get out of the rain, and were met by serial hopper Steve "Retired Bank Manager" Reading and the CML's Rob Hornby. Always a pleasure to be in this pair's company, and Steve's ready wit along with Rob's informative chat helped make the evening very pleasant, considering the standard of football on show due to the conditions.....

We have seen both Pinxton and Kimberley several times this season, and knew roughly what to expect, but sometimes top v bottom matches don't live up to their expectations and to be quite blunt, this was a dire game. Credit to both teams though - the weather was awful, it was cold and I for one was quite happy to be in the stand under cover while they were out there in their shorts and soaking wet football shirts...!! Pinxton took the lead through JAMES SENIOR on 11, the midfielder driving home from 18+ yards.

ARRON BRADY made it two in the 18th minute, strolling through the Kimberley defence before stabbing home. BRADY netted again after 36 minutes, this time pouncing to prod home after the Kimberley keeper fumbled the initial shot. It was that man BRADY again who added the fourth and completed his personal triple right on half time, stooping low to nod home a left wing cross from all of two yards. H-T 4-0

Kimberley's no. 9 netted on 55, much to Pinxton keeper Dave McCarthy's chagrin, curling an effort home from the corner of the box. The game was becoming more difficult for the players as the pitch became saturated and began cutting up badly, but JAY COOPER still found pace enough to turn and fire past the Kimberley keeper with 10 minutes to play.

Admission £2
H/C 45
Hopefully at Heanor v Gedling on Weds, but I have my doubts that the Town Ground will be fit enough for the game to be played....

No comments:

Post a Comment