Saturday, 14 August 2010

Teversal 0-0 Bottesford Town

I suppose it had to happen eventually, but so early in the season? Not to worry, this was a good nil-nil played out between two well matched teams. Got to Teversal a few minutes early, so we nipped behind the Grange to catch a little cricket....very picturesque setting..


A few random cricket pics

No scarf, but I did end up with one of these!!




F.A. Cup Preliminary Round between two NCEL Divison One teams.

Had my usual bit of banter with the man on the Tevie gate – he must have known we were visiting because he had the new Tevie mechandise ready and waiting as we approached the ground! I really didn’t want a scarf, but he gave me a “free” team sheet, then sold me a car back window kit thingy-bob. We really enjoy going to Teversal, but it can be a bit expensive at times!!! Athough this ended 0-0 , we saw plenty of action in the game, and inside the first five minutes we had three corners and a cracking volley from the Bottesford no. 5 Carl La Rocca that flew just over the bar. Tevie had the next decent chance on 9, but Gary Atkins, who was only a few yards from goal, failed to connect with Kyle Gee-Pemberton’s cracking right wing cross. In the 18th minute, Bottesford keeper Luke Baxter fumbled a corner, Referee Mr. Des Nutter blew for a foul by Greg Tobin. A bit harsh – it appeared to be a simple case of bad handling, but the “protected” species always seem to come out on top for some unknown reason.

Baxter fails to hold on

Tobin tried his luck with a fierce drive on 25, but Baxter dived well to palm away to safety. Bottesford had a great opportunity to go in front 10 minutes later when Craig Bridge picked out Jacob Cawsey at the far stick, but the no. 11 only managed to direct his shot into the side-netting. Tevie’s Jimmy Gee-Pemberton had the last decent effort of the half, but his low drive was just off target. H-T 0-0

Tobin hammered a shot wide five minutes into the second half, but both teams were by now struggling to cope with the slick surface. Our afternoon had begun in bright sunshine and cricket, but the rain was persistant during the football… After 69 minutes, Teversal no. 7 Colin Cockerill played a wonderful through ball into the path of Gary Atkins who ran on at goal before firing just over the bar from 18 yards.

The home team then brought out a terrific save from keeper Baxter – Will Harcourt’s right wing cross met well by Ross Henshaw at the far post, but Baxter flew across his goal to tip the rocket shot over the bar. F-T 0-0 So, our first scoreless game, but I am sure it won’t be the last. I hope any future 0-0 draws can be as entertaning as this game. Admission £4 Attendance 68 Programme £1 Tuesday – was going to be Long Eaton v Hallam, but United drew with Barton in the Cup. Looks like Borrowash v Heanor is on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment