Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Pinxton 7-1 Church Warsop C & SC

What a great evening out - and for just £2 !!

Eight goals, seven yellow cards, one red card, a penalty missed, a penalty scored - and all in the very pleasant company of good friends Phil Mumby and Chris Daglish -- football mad the pair of 'em, although they had never been to the Welfare ground before. This was the CML Supreme Division at it's best, and worst!! Pinxton were without two of their regular starters, Ben Bacon and Kieron DeBrouwer, but they still made short work of last season's Premier Division Champions.

For the first quarter of an hour there was little between the teams, but when Pinxton's no.10 WAYNE COOKE ran in from the left and planted the ball across Warsop keeper Shaw and into the net, the visitors lost their heads for a while. First their no. 11 Eason was booked for a rash challenge, and he was followed into the book almost straight after by Camm.

Eason was a little unlucky to see his shot/cross skim across the bar on 37, but that was the closest they had come to scoring - and right on full-time as Mr. Mumby and Mr. Daglish had exited for another pint, Pinxton doubled their lead from the penalty spot - THOMAS firing home after Jones had been tripped by keeper Shaw. H-T 2-0

Pinxton's Josh Parker was cautioned three minutes into the second half, and he was soon joined in the Ref's black book by Warsop's no. 10 Jenkins. COOKE grabbed his second of the game on 54, cutting in from the left before hitting an unstoppable drive past Shaw. The shot was so well hit that the ball was in the net before Shaw could react.

Shaw did make a terrific double save two minutes later, foiling Housley and Vincent, but he was soon picking the ball out of the back of the net again. This time he mis-judged a corner from the right taken by EVANS, and watched in despair as the ball went over him and straight in!

On 65, SENIOR smashed home a 25 yard free-kick to make it 5-0, but the next action was at the other end of the pitch when Fletcher was upended in the Pinxton box. Jenkins ran up and smashed his spot kick well wide of the post then two minutes later, to compound his indifferent evening, he was shown a 2nd yellow followed by the inevitable red.

Unbelievably, it was the visitors who scored the next goal, CREW firing home from the corner of the box. The goal celebrations were barely over though when Cooke broke free and unselfishly laid the ball across the box for EVANS to slide home.

COOKE completed his hat-trick on 88 - a quick break away saw the striker shrug off two challenges before being tackled by Shaw. The keeper failed to hold onto the ball though, and Cooke picked himself up and calmly slotted home from 6 yards. F-T 7-1 Great stuff!!!

Many thanks to Mr. Dennett for the teams again! Thanks to Phil for his donation to our charity .. very welcome.

Admission £2 ( excellent value, or what?) Can't wait to go back in September!!
H/C 80
Saturday -- Heanor Town v Graham St. Prims

No comments:

Post a Comment