Thursday 3 March 2011

Forest Town U19 2-1 Ollerton Town U19

Thursday 3rd March 2011 -- North Mids U19 League Division 3

 


I didn't decide to take this game in until Thursday morning. Kev was blood donoring again, so I was going to be on my own - and apart from "Wheelchair" Trev, I knew absolutely no-one! And I realised what good company I am when Trev went into the Welfare at half time and never came back out again!! I have no idea where he went, but I was really and truly "Billy No-mates" for the second half!! Could it have been something I said!! Or was it the cold - it was bloody freezing... real eye watering temperatures!!

Forest Town could have and should have won this game by a country mile, but I have never seen such poor play in front of goal - chance after chance went begging, and they even missed a second half penalty!

Foggo went in front on 14 when a deflected shot flew past Brown in the Ollerton goal. The visitors levelled on 23, a cracking cross from the right headed home neatly at the far post. The home team missed several golden chances to take the lead, but had to wait until the 44th minute before their no.10 managed a shot on target that actually beat Brown. H-T 2-1

The second half was not much better for the home team, with no-one able to dip their bread, as Ollerton's defence was opened up time after time. Forest Town were awarded a penalty on 64 for a trip, but their no. 8 fired the spot kick tamely at Brown who saved it with his head! They should have won by a cricket score, but I'm sure Forest Town will settle for a 2-1 win that takes then 2 points behind second placed Ollerton, with three games in hand. F-T 2-1

Admission £2 ( team sheet included)
H/C 30
Saturday -- should see the debut of the "On The Road" flag as we celebrate our 100th game of the season at Carlton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.