Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Borrowash Victoria 2-1 Heanor Town

F.A. Cup Extra Preliminary Round replay - not a great game by any stretch of the imagination. Not really one of our favourite grounds to visit. Apart from the fact that we were, (as my friend Aggedor pointed out ) in the wrong county, we never seem to go there and see a good game. This was no exception, with both teams struggling to put more than two passes together.


Met up with our chum Brian Dennett, who was ostensibly scouting for Carlton Town who were drawn to play the winners of this tie. He must be slightly concerned with the outcome of this game, because Borrowash are a strong physical team and I am sure they will have a real go at Carlton. Kev used the phrase "physical bordering on dirty" which may seem a bit strong, but blimey, they don't half get stuck in!

Borrowash did manage to string together fives passes after 19 minutes, but when the final ball in was bundled home by Jamie Pawley from close range, he had strayed into an offside position and the "goal" was disallowed. The home team did grab a legal goal on 29 though, a great pass through the middle was chased down by JAMIE PAWLEY who beat his marker before slotting past Keeling in the Heanor goal. H-T 1-0

Heanor started the second half well and on 54 Norris forced a good save from Clarke in the home goal, and the early pressure paid off when the visitors drew level four minutes later. A well flighted free-kick into the box was met with a flick header by ASHLEY GRAYSON - although I think Clarke will be a little disappointed that he failed to get to the ball before the Heanor player made contact.

Borrowash had a couple of decent chances midway through the half, one header from Ghislanzoni looked goal bound until Keeling dived well to save. The Vics had a late effort cleared off the line, but just as we were resigning ourselves to extra-time Ghislanzoni powered his was into the box from the left and was blatantly tripped, giving Referee Hristo Karaivanov little choice other than to award a penalty.

GHISLANZONI smashed the ball to Keeling's right - the ball was in the net before the keeper could react. Great penalty and with just two minutes to play we headed for the exit, with Kev certain that it would finish 2-1. It did.
Admission £5 although EMCL forum said it would be £4 Attendance 117

Programme - didn't bother

Raffle - £1 bought a strip but I have no idea if I won or not. There were no P.A system announcements at all ....... Saturday - NSL game - Clifton v Forest Town. Last seasons Champions v NSL newcomers. Should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment