Saturday, 18 September 2010

Heanor Town 4-2 Sutton Town AFC

Saturday 18th September -- F.A. Vase 2nd Qualifying Round at the Town Ground, Heanor.

EMCL v CMLS -- from what was posted on the EMCL forum, this was a "gimme" for Heanor, but Sutton gave as good as they got throughout the game, and new Boss Jason Kabia must have been impressed with his teams performance.

Snipes' new Manager Jason Kabia

The teams line up for the handshake ritual

Sutton Tn AFC kick off

Sutton included Daniel O'Donnell and Dean Hadley, both returning after a spell away from Sutton. Heanor keeper Mark Frost has Sutton among his previous clubs, and he was as surprised as anyone when GRANT HEMSLEY put the visitors in front on 28. After a free-kick into the box had rebounded off the cross-bar, Hemsley had the simple task of nodding the ball gently into an empty net from a few yards out.

The lead lasted barely two minutes though, RYAN CANCELLARA lashing the ball home with the outside of his right foot, leaving Sutton keeper Bradley Mimms grasping at thin air. Seconds later Heanor no. 10 Tom Morrison did well to force his way into the Heanor box, and was unlucky to see his shot smack the foot of the post. The rebound was somehow hit back at goal, and only a last ditch off the line clearance kept the scores level. Heanor were by this time applying severe pressure to the Sutton back line, and were deservedly ahead in the 38th minute when a Graham Wells corner from the right was met with a thumping header by ASHLEY GRAYSON. H-T 2-1

Heanor celebrate Grayson's goal

Heanor's no. 9, Jason Hardy had a golden chance to increase his teams lead with 10 played in the second half, but when the ball fell kindly to him a couple of yards from goal, the youngster managed to steer it just wide. The home team did increase their lead on the hour mark, and it was the simplest of goals. Richard Hodgman launched a throw-in into the box and tall centre-back ADAM KAY rose well to flick the ball into the net.

Adam Kay rises to head home Heanor's third

On 67, Sutton were reduced to 10 men as they lost a player to injury. Having just sent on both their named substitutes a few minutes earlier, Kabia must have been wondering if there was a way back for his team. As it happened there was - O'Donnell did well to make space before finding Kyle Jordan who in turn picked out LHEUREYX MENGA. The big striker controlled superbly before lobbing the ball from the corner of the box over advancing Heanor keeper Frost.

The home team ensured they would advance in the competition in the 40th minute - ASHLEY GRAYSON again on the scoresheet, this time a 30 yard drive that took a wicked deflection before crashing in off the post. F-T 4-2

Teams :
Heanor - Frost, Whitehead J, Hodgson, Stevenson, Kay, Cancellara, Webster, Grayson, Hardy, Morrison, Wells

Snipes - Mimms, Hemsley R, Simpson, Shackleton, Hemsley G, Whitehead S, Evans, Hadley, Hall, Menga, O' Donnell

Sutton Town AFC under new management looked a decent side, and no doubt Kabia will be signing a few more players soon as the Snipes look to kick-start their CMLS season.

Heanor did enough to secure the win, and can now look forward to entertaining another CMLS side in the 1st Round Proper. Clipstone Welfare edged out Kimberley Town 2-1 in their tie.

Admission £5
Attendance 95
Programme £1

Tuesday Rainworth v Carlton

No comments:

Post a Comment